Weekend Digital Sports Journalist
As a Weekend Digital Sports Journalist, you’ll be working on a part-time basis as part of a fast-paced, creative digital sports team. You will publish content from the UK’s leading sports writers and generate your own high quality journalism.
You’ll join a team which works closely together to produce the best sports coverage and support The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
This is a varied role where you’ll have the chance to work across a range of sports and contribute in all aspects of digital publishing.
- Producing online content to the highest possible standard, making use of multimedia elements
- Writing original features, blogs and liveblogs
- Curating and managing homepages
- Publishing content filed by a range of sports reporters
- Generating creative solutions to presenting content online
- Contributing to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy
Essential skills required for the role
- Proven experience of an ability to write engagingly, preferably about sport, for an online audience
- Experience with content management systems
- Proven experience of digital publishing at a high level
- Quick, accurate subbing
- Broad knowledge of sport, particularly football, rugby union and cricket
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines
- Understanding of social media and SEO
Additional skills useful for the role
- Spotting news and writing to a high standard at speed
- Strong news sense and judgment
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.