Senior CRM Manager
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment.
Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers.
We are looking for a Senior CRM Manager to cover maternity on a fixed term contract. This role will sit within the Subscriptions team supporting the delivery of the CRM strategy for the whole Telegraph business: building long-term, personalised customer relationships that drive engagement, greater depth of data and subscriptions.
- Ensure that the efforts of the CRM team are subscriber-first focused to achieve the overall strategic aim of 10m registered customers and 1m paying subscribers by 2023.
- Use of Adobe Campaign to support the implementation of the CRM strategy.
- Advocating a joined-up approach to communications across multiple channels touch-points, including email, mobile messaging (push, rich-push and in-app) and SMS.
- Driving forward integration initiatives between Adobe Campaign Classic and other products including Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Analytics to allow for a more seamless customer experience across platforms and devices.
- Day to day management of direct reports across CRM team providing help, guidance, support and career development.
- Together with stakeholders across business areas, develop and execute action plans for acquisition, engagement, retention, cross-sell of registrants and paying subscribers.
- Work closely with the data team, to implement customer segmentation and a targeted content strategy making sure messaging and content is appropriate for each segment.
- Optimise campaigns through the use of test and learn initiatives and detailed reporting back to the business with recommendations.
- Encourage the CRM team to monitor inbox delivery, blacklists, reputation and reporting
- Effectively manage relationships with internal customers and colleagues.
- Jointly manage the external data agency relationship (CACI) with Head of CRM and Insight & Analytics team.
- Promoting awareness for GDPR and compliance within the CRM team and to our stakeholders across the business.
- A motivated self-starter with a passion for all things digital, particularly digital and email marketing.
- Experience managing a team is essential
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills and an ability to work with competing priorities and within a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-conscious and deadline driven.
- Excellent stakeholder management.
- Experience of working in cross-functional teams including product development and marketing.
- Understanding of complex data structures in order to support the data team in uploading and manipulating data for email campaigns.
- Creative flair, with the ability to research and think of new ideas and how they might be technically implemented.
- Problem solver, someone keen to proactively seek out solutions to business challenges. Happy to get hands dirty to get a desired conclusion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. The ability to liaise with different technical teams that support a variety of systems used in the CRM Team.
- Experience with Adobe Campaign would be advantageous
What you can expect from The Telegraph if you’re the successful candidate
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.