Apprentice, Digital Marketing
As an Apprentice at The Telegraph you will be learning, but you will also be an integral part of The Telegraph team. You will learn the skills needed to succeed in the marketing and subscriptions function and embed yourself within the company over two years.
Time spent in training: You are required to spend 20% of your working hours in training that supports your apprenticeship course
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career.
We want to capture diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments to ensure we have the highest performing teams. We encourage applications from candidates traditionally under-represented in our industry, for example, BME people or those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
The wider Subscriptions team is made up of the Marketing, Partnerships, Insight, Technology, Product and Customer Engagement Centre teams, all working together to achieve the same vision for the business: 10:1:23. This means 10 million registrants and 1 million Telegraph subscribers (Digital and Print) by 2023.
This vacancy will be in the Retention Marketing team. It is our responsibility to ensure our subscribers receive optimum value, enjoyment and satisfaction from our world class quality journalism. Our activity includes initiatives that help surface relevant and insightful content to our subscribers, be it via email, onsite, offsite, events, social, mobile app or whatsapp communications. Our rewards programme adds additional value to our subscribers, where they can avail of exclusive and premium offers, that include exclusive movie screenings, discounts on nationwide restaurants and theatre tickets, Live journalism events, world class competitions and a ‘Tour of the Telegraph’, to get an exclusive peek into the running of the nations top selling quality newspaper. The team works in collaboration with the wider subscriptions marketing team, the internal design team and agencies such as MediaCom to deliver our customer engagement activity.
In this role you will get exposure across the business and will have the opportunity to help manage subscriber engagement marketing campaigns from start to finish. In return, you will be expected to:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing campaigns to engage and ‘surprise and delight’ our Telegraph subscribers
- Support the mapping and optimisation of our subscriber experience and journey
- Support on the measurement and evaluation of our customer engagement campaigns, continuously optimising to improve engagement, satisfaction and drive down churn
- Deploy our communications in the best channels that will connect our subscribers to the content they want to see, when they want to see it
- Work with the Editorial team to understand upcoming content priorities and ensure we have the relevant communications and assets to deploy for optimum subscriber enjoyment and satisfaction
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- Entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths
- A keen interest in the media industry, particularly news and current events
- A demonstrable passion for digital marketing
- Ability to portray confidence and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organised and able to plan out each day and to balance study and work
- Able to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Punctual, well organised and good at managing your time
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently on projects
- Ability to work within a team environment
- A can-do attitude and a passion for best-in-class customer experience
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including an on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- Formal and informal mentoring