Senior Data Analyst, Acquisitions
This role sits within the Insight and Analytics function at the Telegraph. Working closely with the Telegraph’s Subscription team, you will use appropriate analytical methodology to measure and optimise our customer experience and conversion of our digital output across all platforms. The role will be integral to ensure the shaping of our products is supported by robust, data-led decision making.
- Develop and manage reporting/dashboards to evaluate the performance of online journeys
- Explore and analyse user behaviour data to extract actionable insights and identify growth opportunities for our products
- Support the Senior Optimisation Manager, in the development of a data-led, prioritised product experimentation roadmap
- Design, alongside the Senior Optimisation Manager, statistically appropriate tests using sample size estimations and identify/validate tracking requirements
- Collaborate with the Product Development team to ensure all tracking is implemented and appropriate data is being captured, investigating any data issues that may occur
- On-going evaluation of tests and campaigns, producing concise reporting with clear recommendations
- Identify opportunities to automate any repetitive analysis/experimentation, possibly including leveraging machine learning.
- Experience using quantitative analysis to make business-focused recommendations.
- Expert knowledge of SQL or another programming language
- A proactive approach to improving the use of data and analytics. From simple ad-hoc reporting to complex data analysis (e.g. regression, clustering, decision trees etc).
- Ability to present data and complex information simply, clearly and concisely.
- Can-do attitude, proactive attitude and a desire to help others. Ability to both service client needs, coach and educate them as well as building the authority to influence and direct them.
- Knowledge of statistics and hypothesis testing (desirable)
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of web analytics platforms such as Adobe Analytics (desirable)
- Awareness and understanding of the modern digital publishing landscape and the various levers that affect digital performance (desirable)
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.