Senior Data Analyst, Product
This role sits within the Insight and Analytics function within the Strategy Department at the Telegraph. The main purpose of the role is to support and deliver the product reporting, insight, and analysis requirements for the business, helping to drive the acquisition, engagement and retention of our users across our products. The primary stakeholder group is the Product team, sitting within the Technology Department.
- Play a key role in building, maintaining and improving a cutting edge reporting infrastructure and the delivery of high quality reports to key stakeholders from across the organisation.
- Play a key role in the delivery of product insight and analytics across our Website and Apps, Newsletters, Registrations and Subscriptions.
- Champion a metric oriented culture in the Telegraph.
- Share audience knowledge and audience understanding with Insight and Analytics team and broader business, ensuring the democratisation of data and insight.
- Strong technical experience with visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Qlik, Data Studio) and programming languages (e.g. SQL, R, Python).
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with Adobe Experience Cloud, including Adobe Analytics, Adobe Mobile Services, Adobe Audience Manager and Adobe Target.
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office toolset including Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Experience in marketing campaign measurement and an understanding of relational databases and the application of statistics and statistical modelling techniques.
- A proactive approach to improving the use of data and analytics. This could be from simple ad-hoc reporting to complex data analysis (e.g. regression, clustering, decision trees etc).
- Ability to present data and complex information simply, clearly and with a story around what it means to the end-user.
- Can do attitude and a desire to help others. Ability to both service client needs, coach and educate them as well as building the authority to influence and direct them.
- A numerate degree, possibly with a postgraduate qualification in Statistics, Operational Research, Management Science or similar, even better.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.