Lead Product Designer
The Telegraph are looking for a talented Lead Product Designer to join it’s Product Design team, to pave the way on innovative, forward thinking projects.
From personalisation to system design, the role is central to a user's experience of The Telegraph online. You’ll use, develop and grow our design system and language, working closely with other Telegraph design teams to ensure continuity across the brand and our digital offering.
You’ll be working end to end on products that are used everyday by millions of people. You’ll enjoy working from scratch on new initiatives and optimising pre-existing experiences based on data and user insights. You’ll go out of your way to ensure the customer is front and centre, taking a holistic approach to design and be driven to make something that functions as well as it looks.
- You'll be shaping and leading the design for how The Telegraph tells stories across its platforms, using new technologies. You’ll be ambitious in your thinking and be able to inspire others with your ideas.
- You'll set the bar high, driving for the consistency, quality and integrity of the user experience across all we do.
- You'll be hands on – leading the design of bespoke user experiences. Creating journeys, wireframes, designs and prototypes, in order to bring your ideas to life – as well as directing other designers. You'll love to learn and help to foster a culture of experimentation in the team.
- You’ll be leading a range of projects, from the big to the small, the experimental to the practical. You’ll be comfortable juggling a few things at once, and always eager to try something new.
- You'll be leading other designers, working with developers, Product Managers and other people around the company to come up with the best possible solution. You’ll be comfortable working as part of a group, as well as alone, and able to articulate the rationale behind your design decisions to others as well as happy to join in healthy debate.
- You'll be motivated to continuously improve your designs, working with our in-house user research and data teams to gain a deeper understanding of how designs are working, and proactive in driving forwards their improvement.
- Extensive experience working on a variety of projects, in user experience and user interface design, and graphic design related roles
- A portfolio demonstrating your ability to conceive and execute highly at all aspects of the design process
- A BA in a design related degree, or similar experience
- A good knowledge of design software, such as Figma and Adobe Creative Cloud, as well as prototyping tools, such as, Webflow, Marvel, Invision etc.
- Solid knowledge of front end digital capabilities and limitations, and be able to use this to bring to life design solutions which match technical limitations
- Great organisational skills and the ability to juggle multiple streams of work
Additional skills useful for the role:
- Previous experience managing direct reports or directing other designers
- An interest in current affairs
- Knowledge of After Effects
What you can expect from us if successful:
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.