Apprentice, Commercial Innovation & Operations
As an Apprentice at The Telegraph you will be learning, but you will also be an integral part of the Telegraph Media Group team. You will learn the skills needed to succeed in the Commercial revenue, innovation & operations executive function and embed yourself within the company over two years.
Time spent in training: You are required to spend 20% of your working hours in training that supports your apprenticeship course
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career.
We want to capture diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments to ensure we have the highest performing teams. We encourage applications from candidates traditionally under-represented in our industry, for example, BME people or those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
Supporting two strategy delivering teams within the Commercial Growth org: Innovation and Operations.
- Supporting brand uplift research, and digital campaign delivery and optimisation of the digital measurement ‘Metrics That Matter’ initiative.
- Helping to set new digital format testing live
- Delivery, digital sales proposition and sales collateral support on emerging digital revenue products including Newsletters, Podcasts and Video
- Leading on specific tasks within our data and audience proposition, eg onboarding new vendors, evaluating tests and helping to translate into sales collateral.
This team is a centralised service, providing project & program management, strategic and operational leadership & support for key projects
- Lead programs for Commercial Learning & development (Commercial Training Academy)
- Best practice processes around sales strategy, KPIs, performance, decision making and best in class systems and tools
- Management reporting & analysis - produce data and insights to inform agnostic, impartial initiatives to ensure maximum revenue generation and business intelligence
- Support Inventory allocation decisions & Yield Management initiatives - Commerce, Events, Advertising
- Sales strategy, CRM, booking and compliance including supporting and managing platform end to end process, enhanced workflow mgt and operational
Essential skills required for the role
- Entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths
- A keen interest in the media industry, particularly news and current events
- Ability to portray confidence and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organised and able to plan out each day and to balance study and work
- Able to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Punctual, well organised and good at managing your time
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently on projects
- Ability to work within a team environment
Additional skills useful for the role
- The ability to tackle a problem by using a logical, systematic, sequential approach.
- Ability and desire to work cooperatively with others on a team.
- Adaptable to new approaches, tasks and systems as projects and initiatives change.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including an on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Formal training, resulting in Level 3 qualification in Marketing