Apprentice, IT Customer Service
As an Apprentice at Telegraph Media Group you will be learning, but you will also be an integral part of the TMG team. You will learn the skills needed to succeed in the Technology Service Operations function and embed yourself within the company over two years.
Time spent in training: You are required to spend 20% of your working hours in training that supports your apprenticeship course.
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career.
We want to capture diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments to ensure we have the highest performing teams. We encourage applications from candidates traditionally under-represented in our industry, for example those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
We are searching for a candidate keen to join a strong customer facing team that works hard to provide a 5* service in person! We encourage face-to-face interactions with our customers to ensure a quick response, high-quality support, advice and guidance on best practice. You will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal, customer service, communication and organisational skills.
You will be working alongside the Service Desk and Service Delivery team to understand and learn our way of working, our tools, and how we provide technical support to our customers. You will identify & implement service improvements, to enhance the level of support we provide and improve the way we work. You will meet with customers to help improve their experience and champion the needs of the business. You will produce reports to identify trends and highlight issues for follow up.
To be successful you should:
- Have a passion to provide a professional and 5* service to our customers
- Enjoy finding ways to improve things
- Work well in a team and have an ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced and pressured environment.
- Show excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be able to collate and interpret data
You have an opportunity to develop and learn with the best of the best while supporting our customers within TMG's head office. To make your mark and provide ideas and suggestions to shape support. If you are ready for a new challenge and keen to shine then apply now!
- Entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths
- A keen interest in the media industry, particularly news and current events
- Ability to portray confidence and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organised and able to plan out each day and to balance study and work
- Able to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Punctual, well organised and good at managing your time
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently on projects
- Passion for customer service
- Enjoys making things better and more efficient
- Able to present findings to highlight points and recommendations
- Bring news ideas, be proactive and use own initiative
Telegraph Media Group’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- Telegraph Media Group supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including an on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Formal training, resulting in Level 3 qualification in Customer Service