Working within a fast paced, busy Ad Sales team, our Investment Partners are expected to maximise advertising revenues within yield targets, spot and develop opportunities, and negotiate with agency and direct client marketing contacts and business owners. You will be proactive in coming up with solutions to help clients with their advertising needs, analyse and work with numbers and demonstrate excellent knowledge of our products, platforms and the media market more broadly.
You will manage multimedia display and client direct (Weekend sections) trading across multiple accounts within our Independent sales team. You will develop effective relationships with Non Network agencies, direct clients and sell advertising space across all of our platforms, both in print for the newspapers and magazine titles and all of our digital platforms - Telegraph.co.uk, mobile and apps.
- Implement sales strategy with a core focus on the revenue KPI.
- Proactively seek new business
- Develop entrepreneurial business ideas to generate incremental revenue.
- Deliver on newspaper, Multi and iPad revenue targets specific to their individual quarterly category and group hub targets
- Liaise with key internal teams to achieve maximum operational efficiency; HR, Editorial,Legal, Marketing, Admin, Credit Control, Research, Ad Planning.
- Work with Agency Directors to ensure revenue growth targets and KPI’s are achieved.
- Report back on trading and drive proposals and sales.
- Cultivate working relationships with all agency contacts that have advertising sales in their remit; Print, Digital, Investment, Planning.
- Drive top newspaper brands/accounts (dictated by revenue) to increase digital spend and in turn utilise digital elements (i.e. audience) to grow print brand count.
- Ensure the team is on each proposal that goes out from print & digital across the hub team.
- Adhere to a structured approach as outlined from the Director/Revenue heads when proposing Multi Media display and Direct deals; yields, presentations, data, inventory.
- Ensure communication to all stakeholders is in constant flow to benefit overall revenue generation; briefs, deals under discussion, market intel, proposals.
- Work with Ad ops, Mobile & App heads to develop sales inventory offering in line with ‘Daily’ reach/revenue.
- Strong sales experience across multiple platforms.
- Contacts throughout UK Media Marketing, Agency and Consultancy
- Effective at developing and managing excellent relationships both internally and externally
- Demonstrate excellent knowledge of the media market
What you can expect from us if successful:
Employees at The Telegraph enjoy roles that contribute directly to shaping the future of the UK’s leading quality newsbrand. In return for your investment in our purpose and vision, The Telegraph offers a range of flexible benefits that help you shape your life against your priorities. From health and well-being for you and loved ones, maternity and paternity leave, childcare, discounts and cashback with local retailers, as well as the medical services, fitness and wellness classes and gym facilities provided at our Buckingham Palace Road office.
- We have a strong management team who are passionate about growth and are well-placed to support you in your journey with us
- We are fearless, together, open-minded and informed. We believe in The Telegraph and the quality journalism it stands for, striving to work in a way that empowers our people to succeed
- As The Telegraph diversifies we look to new markets and sources of innovation - this role is a strong part of this journey and as such, your success will ensure you have a real runway for growth
- An excellent remuneration package and benefits: 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.