Inbound Retention Specialist
We are renowned for the analysis, perspective, opinion and insight our journalism provides to a discerning audience. Every day the content we create sets the news agenda, sparking debate and provoking comment. Our vision, with quality journalism at the heart, is to pioneer new ways to serve 10 million registered users and 1 million subscribers.
Our Customer Engagement Centre (CEC) are looking for a resilient and tenacious Inbound Retention Specialist to reduce subscriber churn through the management of Inbound cancellation requests from across the Telegraph’s print and digital subscription products. This is an exciting opportunity in which you'll deliver best in class customer service with professionalism and empathy.
● You'll act as the first point of contact for all inbound subscription cancellation requests from across
multiple contact channels (currently telephone, email, live chat, letter)
● Utilise intelligent profiling and questioning methods to identify customer needs and objections
● Retain existing subscribers through the effective use of all available subscriber data, product,
pricing and incentives options
● Enhance subscriber engagement and LTV by ensuring customers are matched with the
appropriate product that best suits their readership and lifestyle preferences
● Use advanced sales techniques to maximise sales results and revenue
● Meet and exceed both individual and team targets/KPIs relating to sales performance, service
level agreements and compliance
● Ensure accurate data capture within subscription CRM and supporting systems/administrative
● Proactively provide feedback and insight to support business insight and retention improvement
● Proactively keep all Telegraph product and pricing knowledge up to date
● Resilient and persuasive
● Great listening skills
● Resourceful and adaptable
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Demonstrates a professional manner
● Experience within a sales role or similar environment
● Competitive and target driven
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
Completion of a DBS check or basic disclosure is a condition of an offer of employment for this role. Please request a copy of our Employment of Ex-offenders policy from [email protected] for more information.
● A range of excellent on-site benefits (including kitchen facilities, massages, and more...)
● Access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities
● Annual performance related pay increases