Head of Affiliate
The Telegraph Commerce Team leverages the Telegraph’s Editorial content assets by developing Commerce offerings around them such as Fashion, Financial Solutions, Books, Tickets etc that are all promoted under the Telegraph brand and supported by multi-channel marketing activities.
You will lead and manage our Affiliate business to achieve or exceed a revenue budget. You will be in charge of negotiating with our partners to ensure we get optimal terms, building strong working relationships with our Editorial team, and working with our Tech team to develop world class customer experiences and improve conversion and revenue.
- Team leadership: leading and developing a world class team
- Revenue and profit responsibility: managing budgets and P&L for our Affiliate business to achieve or exceed pre-agreed targets
- Partner management: build strong working relationships with partners that support and deliver our affiliate revenues, build effective commercial agreements with partners and manage them proactively
- Strategy and planning: build strategy and supporting plans to grow our Affiliate business
- Affiliate partnerships: manage and ensure that we have the right affiliate partners as well as optimal commercial agreements.
- Managing business performance: monitor business performance daily and proactively suggest and implement actions to improve performance.
- Work with your team, other key Telegraph stakeholders and partners to maximise Affiliate revenues
- Identify and implement new technologies/services to increase revenues, with a short and long term horizon in mind
- Communicate new initiatives and key wins with the team
- Work with rest of Commerce team to share ideas and growth plans
- Manage reporting for Affiliate to monitor performance, and identify opportunities for optimization
- Forecasting, tracking and reporting on performance to the business
- Trend analysis, reviewing competitors, and spotting gaps in the market. Seek out new opportunities and ideas for future business developments.
- Manage all activity in line with the Telegraph brand and that this is protected and represented in a consistent manner across all activity
- Experience working in the online space, preferably in an affiliate marketing or an eCommerce role at an established brand, retailer, publisher or affiliate network.
- Significant knowledge of affiliate marketing in the travel industry
- Experience in conversion optimisation
- Superior commercial acumen and the ability to spot new commercial opportunities
- Excellent analytic skills – able to compile reports and analysis, identify patterns and building a case for change
- Superb communication skills and experience dealing with senior management
- Extensive knowledge of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Adobe
- Comfortable with working in a dynamic, high-pressure environment, managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Entrepreneurial self-starter, able to deliver in a timely manner, to a high standard and with minimal direction
- Excellent people leadership skills, developing and managing high performing teams
- Effective team player – able to build relationships and support across multiple teams
- Excellent knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Successful at working within and across multiple culture
What you can expect from us if you're successful:
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- In-role development and access to formal development.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
In order to ensure we are creating opportunities for all, we would be grateful if you would complete the diversity questions included in the application form to help us create and maintain fair processes for all. This is entirely optional.
Rest assured that any information you choose to provide will be treated in confidence, will not be used as part of any decision making processes and will not be seen by staff directly involved in the appointment. The questionnaire are only to provide us with statistical information for our monitoring purposes.