Service Support Engineer - Initial 6 month contract
We are searching for a candidate keen to join a strong team that works hard to provide a 5* service in person! We encourage face-to-face interactions with our users to ensure a quick response, high-quality support, advice and guidance on best practice. You will need to demonstrate strong interpersonal, customer service, communication and organisational skills.
You will be responding, logging, and undertaking IT Service Requests including break/fix issues, user/account administration, joiners and leavers, moves and changes, hardware and application deployment as reported to the Service Desk directly, via the Tech Bar, Portal, telephone and by email. You will be an effective multitasker, able to Prioritise and manage multiple tickets at any one time based on priority and deliver solutions in a timely manner while keeping customers up to date on next steps.
To be successful you should have an awareness and understanding of ITIL processes, work well in a team and have an ability to maintain composure in a fast-paced and pressured environment. As part of the role, you’ll create and maintain documentation and should show excellent communication skills (verbal and written). It would be desirable for you to have some desktop support or service desk experience with an interest in computing hardware repair or maintenance and customer service.
This role includes providing on-call and out-of-hours work during weekday evenings and weekends on a rotating shift pattern.
You have an opportunity to develop and learn with the best of the best while supporting our users within the Telegraph office. To make your mark and provide ideas and suggestions to shape support. If you are ready for a new challenge and keen to shine amongst stars then apply now!
This role is initially offered as a 6 month fixed term contract with the view to go permanent depending on the successful candidates performance within the role.
- A passion to learn and develop a career in IT support
- Ability to learn new systems and processes quickly
- Able to adapt to changes in process and business
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Challenges self to go above and beyond
- Interest in IT hardware and operating systems
- Able to work as part of a team
- Strong communication skills
- customer service skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Integrity and proactivity
Useful (but not essential) Additional Skills:
- Desktop support experience
- Knowledge of ITIL
- Experience using Mac and GSuite
- Use of a Service Management tool (eg. Jira)
- You’ll be joining an amazing customer first Service Desk team who are dedicated to the support and running of the business taking time to support and develop from each other. They are a diverse and close-knit group who are able to adapt to changing landscapes with dedication and good spirits. It's never a dull moment in the world of Tech.
- Telegraph is dedicated to the development and growth of its employees as well as technical courses and training you will be provided opportunities to develop soft skills and take steps to develop your career path. Learn about how current employees have progressed their career here
- A full range of fantastic benefits including 25 days holiday per annum, childcare vouchers, enhanced parental leave, private medical insurance and an onsite gym (with yoga classes and masseurs!)
- Convenient location in the heart of central London, minutes from the platform at Victoria station
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.