Apprentice, Digital Marketing (Performance Marketing)
Role purpose and overview
As an Apprentice at The Telegraph you will be learning, but you will also be an integral part of The Telegraph team. You will learn the skills needed to succeed in the marketing and subscriptions function and embed yourself within the company over two years.
Time spent in training: You are required to spend 20% of your working hours in training that supports your apprenticeship course
What is an apprenticeship?
Apprenticeship courses are developed by employers and professional bodies, ensuring apprentices study a curriculum that is tailored to real-world job roles. All our courses are accredited by an authorised awarding body, guaranteeing you work towards an approved, professional certificate. Completing an apprenticeship will help you develop the knowledge and skills required to excel in your chosen career.
We want to capture diversity of thought through our people, create inclusive working environments to ensure we have the highest performing teams. We encourage applications from candidates traditionally under-represented in our industry, for example, BME people or those from lower socio-economic backgrounds.
The wider Subscriptions team is made up of the Marketing, Partnerships, Insight, Technology, Product and Customer Engagement Centre teams, all working together to achieve the same vision for the business: 10:1:23. This means achieving 10 million registrants and 1 million subscribers by 2023.
This vacancy will be in the Performance Marketing team. It is our responsibility to deliver multi-channel campaigns across paid, owned and earned platforms that encourage people to register their details, or become a subscriber to our world class quality journalism. Our activity operates across Paid Search, Display, Affiliates, Paid Social and Mobile App advertising but we are looking to expand our marketing mix all the time. The team works in collaboration with the internal design team and our media agency to deliver our paid activity into market.
In this role you will get exposure across the business and will have the opportunity to help manage Acquisition marketing campaigns from start to finish. In return, you will be expected to:
- Support the development and implementation of marketing campaigns to drive new customers to register or subscribe for a Digital Telegraph subscription
- Support the revenue and volume growth of our Digital subscription base
- Support on the measurement and evaluation of our digital performance campaigns, continuously optimising to improve return on investment and drive down the cost per acquisition
- Work with internal departments to increase the amount of free coverage gained via our owned and earned channels
- Work with the Editorial team to understand upcoming content priorities and ensure we have the relevant assets and links available
- Entry requirements: GCSEs at grade C/level 4 or above in English and Maths
- A keen interest in the media industry, particularly news and current events
- A demonstrable passion for digital marketing
- Ability to portray confidence and professionalism
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Organised and able to plan out each day and to balance study and work
- Able to adhere to deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Punctual, well organised and good at managing your time
- Ability to take the initiative and work independently on projects
- Ability to work within a team environment
Telegraph Media Group's goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.
- The Telegraph supports flexible working, per your line manager’s agreement.
- A range of excellent benefits (including an on-site gym, massages, GPs and more).
- Formal and informal mentoring
- Formal training, resulting in Level3 Digital Marketing Qualification