Analytics Manager, Subscriptions
This role sits within the Insight and Analytics function within the Strategy Department at the Telegraph. Here, you’ll manage and deliver the subscription reporting, insight, and analysis requirements for the business helping drive the acquisition and retention of print and digital subscribers. You’ll collaborate closely with your primary stakeholder group: our Subscriptions team, who sit within the Operations Department.
- Manage and deliver reporting, campaign evaluation and analysis of subscription focused projects at The Telegraph, bringing exceptional insight & analytical skills and experience, combined with a very hands-on approach.
- Develop & embed price and proposition modelling to ensure campaigns are commercially optimal
- Deliver campaign and test evaluation to help embed a test-learn-refine approach to working
- Deliver acquisition analysis to understand what is driving new readers to subscribe and the quality of those subscribers by acquisition source, contract type/length and price point
- Deliver retention analysis to understand customer attributes and changes in engagement levels associated with churning and support the implementation of retention strategies and lead on their measurement
- Support the delivery of an optimised pricing strategy with the necessary analytical inputs
- Build and own subscription forecasting and drive continuous improvement in the level of accuracy.
- Deliver and maintain life-time value analysis of different subscription cohorts
- Manage and prioritise workload for a small team of analysts in collaboration with the primary stakeholder
- Support the delivery of the data and system requirements for running a best in class subscription insight team
- Collaborate with the wider Insight & Analytics team to help deliver broader Subscription requirements e.g.
- The Data Science team on churn and acquisition propensity modelling
- The Research team on market share and proposition development
- The Editorial insight team on the relationship between editorial content, engagement and subscription
- Expert knowledge of data exploitation tools and techniques, with a proven track record in delivering reports, insight and advanced analysis with business recommendations that demonstrably increase performance.
- Experience of price & proposition / recurring revenue modelling and scenario planning to identify optimal initiatives and potential risks.
- Experience of customer/revenue forecasting, using realistic, transparent assumptions.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills with the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels in The Telegraph
- Stand out stakeholder management skills, moving beyond the client/supplier relationship to business partner and helping set successful growth strategies and proactively managing the workload to identify new opportunities
- Clear evidence of building collaborative relationships across multiple business divisions to deliver solutions, including other insight & analytics teams (Data Science and Research) Technology, Commercial and Editorial teams
- A positive and productive attitude that proactively finds solutions to problems, constructively balancing the speed and quality of delivery
- Solid grounding in SQL and advanced Excel
- Personal and career development opportunities. You’ll develop key soft skills such as communication and stakeholder management whilst enhancing your technical skill-set with the potential to gain industry-recognised qualifications.
- Work within a dynamic team, who challenge the status quo and champion agile working & continuous improvement; adopting the Telegraph’s values - together, fearless, open-minded and informed - in everything we do.
- 25 days holiday; rising to 30 days after 3 years service, private pension, plus lifestyle, health & wellbeing and financial benefits.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.