Senior Digital Production Journalist: News
As a Senior Digital Production Journalist, you'll manage a small team of Digital Production Journalists to ensure The Telegraph’s News, Politics, Foreign and Comment digital content is published to the highest standard.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
- Liaise with the Head of Digital News, the News Editor and others on the News Desk to ensure priorities are met across the department around the clock.
- Set the standard to ensure copy is accurate and brilliantly presented, writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Manage digital channels including the News and Politics index pages, social media feeds and newsletters.
- Generate creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Contribute to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
This role will work across a seven day rota, usually 3pm - 11pm, with any variation necessary as part of delivering a full news service.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level.
- Quick, accurate subbing and writing of headlines.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgment.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.