Digital Production Journalist: News
As a Digital Production Journalist, you'll primarily be responsible for editing and publishing digital content across the Telegraph's News, Politics, Foreign and Comment output. This production role ensures our written content is produced in a timely way to the highest possible standards. It will include uploading breaking news from the wires, and the chance to work across the website and social channels.
You will have the chance to work in a fast-paced, expanding team and alongside some of the country’s best journalists in their field. This is an exciting challenge to make a real impact in driving subscriptions in a globally renowned organisation that puts quality first.
- Ensure copy is accurate and brilliantly presented, writing sharp, digital-friendly headlines and making use of the best pictures, video and other multimedia assets.
- Manage digital channels including the News and Politics index pages and social media feeds.
- Work with the Senior Digital Production Journalist to ensure priorities are met.
- Generate creative solutions to presenting content online.
- Contribute to The Telegraph’s subscription strategy.
This role will work across a seven day rota, usually 11am - 7pm or 1pm - 9pm shifts, with any variation necessary as part of delivering a full news service.
Essential skills required for the role
- Experience of writing and sub-editing stories on digital platforms.
- Experience of working in news at regional, trade or national level.
- Quick, accurate subbing and writing of headlines.
- Digital publishing skills needed, including knowledge of creating embeds such as info boxes, polls, number graphics, etc.
- Enthusiasm, imagination and digital ideas are all essential.
- Able to respond well under pressure and adhere to strict deadlines.
Additional skills useful for the role
- Understanding of social media and SEO.
- Strong news sense and judgment.
The Telegraph’s goal is to foster a diverse and inclusive workplace and we are committed to building a team that reflects a wide variety of skills, perspectives and backgrounds.
We are an equal opportunities employer, hiring solely on merit and business need. We encourage applications regardless of sex, gender identity, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, pregnancy, parenthood and disability. If you require reasonable adjustments in any recruitment process with us, please make us aware.